Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Seeking philanthropic professional who can assist execution of Strategy, Philanthropy, Coalition-Building, Program Design & Development, and Strategic Communications to drive social impact in a mission driven organization. Also, assists with community relations for corporate, as well as all communities in which we serve.
Aids in conceptualizing, developing and facilitating the implementation of funding and projects related to ConAgra's commitment to nonprofit organizations and being a valued neighbor in those communities that our employees live and work.
- Prepares agenda and briefing books for the ConAgra Foods Foundation Board meetings
- Maintains record of the Foundation Board meetings with resulting decisions and resolutions made and adopted.
- Completes surveys and outside requests for information on the Foundation and community relations activities
- Reviews letters to officers of ConAgra Foods requesting monetary support and/or product donations and drafts appropriate responses
- Oversees planning and execution for all events related to the Foundation, including responsibility for events where ConAgra Foods has purchased a table; prepares ads, when appropriate
- Special projects as assigned by the senior director of the foundation
- Assists with grant making programs; including monitoring all current grant files
- Represents ConAgra at community events and functions
- Help maintain core infrastructure to support volunteer and pro bono engagements with community-based partners
- Execute a variety of community relations communications duties for corporate, brand, and internal channels
- Support corporate communications activities including content creation, media interviews, and corporate announcements
- Partner with Internal communications to distribute information on the Intranet site
- Partner with Brand communications to help align community relations activities
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years' experience working in communications, philanthropy and/or corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Proven track record of collaboration, flexibility, urgency and success; preferably in organizations having undergone a high degree of change.
- Experience with large initiatives/events - including strategy creation, execution, project management, budget management, etc.
- Strong experience working with senior management to interpret and guide key directives.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; writing must be top-notch; ability to visually and persuasively communicate key concepts is necessary. Flawless attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is constantly evaluating and working to improve strategies, processes, and results.
- Experience in grant making or grants management.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.