Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
This position is responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on claims within set authority levels,. Included in these responsibilities is monitoring claim expenditures, developing management level reports using the current risk management database system and reviewing claim activities. Additional responsibilities will include providing legal document processing and distribution. Position requires coordination and oversight of workers compensation claims in multiple jurisdictions with interaction between the Third Party Administrator and the operating companies.
- Provide oversight and direction on work comp claims valued from $0 - $200,000
- Monitor TPA's compliance to service standards and requirements
- Coordinate the distribution of lawsuits to third party claims administrators, outside legal counsel and Operating Company contacts
- Assess liability and direct the claims examiner in claim resolution
- Coordinate vendor referrals and additional investigation and/ or litigation management
- Utilize cost containment techniques, including strategic vendor selection, to drive claim cost reduction
- Provide Plant Finance Contacts with claim activity reports
- Facilitate communication between TPA and plant on specific claims issues
- Work with the plants to identify and facilitate return to work programs
- Participate in claim mediations and or trials
- Participate in claims reviews with the Third Party Administrator and operating companies
- Direct claim recoveries including but not limited to subrogation, Second Injury Fund and excess carriers
- Manage compliance relative to use of Managed Care Network, Prescription drug card and other venders
- Update narrative large loss summary that is part of the insurance submission
- Resolve data integrity issues on RMISby working with the Operating Companies and Third Party Administrators on incorrectly coded claims data.
- Preparation, copying and distribution of correspondence, memos and reports internally and externally as instructed, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Build PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Secondary insurance studies preferred (ARM, AIC, CPCU)
- 3 years of workers compensation claims experience
- Organizational skills and must be able to coordinate and prioritize task assignments
- Strong command of both written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft software products
- Knowledge of accounting processes and procedures beneficial
- Strong understanding of Risk Management Information Systems (RMIS)
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.