Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Assist Brand Finance Manager & Brand Marketing Team to provide actionable business analytics and fact-based recommendations delivering against the stated objectives. Position will sit in Chicago, IL summer 2016.
- Act as a co-pilot for the business unit team through the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the various business drivers of the assigned brands
- Communicate key financial and business drivers
- Provide specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on changes in the monthly/quarterly financial forecasts
- Lead/participate in monthly business reviews with Brand Marketing
- Assist in the development of the annual business/strategic plan
- Work with Finance Manager & Brand team to create comprehensive pro forma financials for product development projects, customer and competitive analysis
- Actively participate in monthly consensus meeting on volume, trade, and advertising and promotional spending
- Constructively challenge and question various business decisions offering alternative recommendations
- Provide technical and process expertise to Brand team
- Participate and sometimes lead various finance-wide projects resulting in a well controlled operating system - projects will vary depending on business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required - MBA/CPA preferred
- Three years experience in financial analysis and data management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Great attention to detail and excellent organizational skills under pressing time constraints
- Ability to prioritize and control multiple tasks at the same time is required.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across various functional areas both internally and externally.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrate ability to work on multiple stage projects
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Access, and SAP expertise preferred.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.