Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Position Summary: Provides technical leadership to identify and develop key strategies, programs and projects that delivers the highest value business benefit to the company. Utilizes strong communication and leadership skills to influence across the Seamless Technical Organization and impact at a platform, business or enterprise level. Works with cross functional team to review business requirements to determine and develop optimized technical solutions that fit the business needs. 10+ years of food related experience is required. Corporate based engineering position.
- Identify, develop, rollout, and provide governance for key strategies / programs across the enterprise
- Leverage subject matter expertise in assigned areas to drive continuous improvement, standardization, and technology.
- Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to packaging equipment system design and operation and make recommendations as needed to ConAgra programs, policies, or objectives.
- Provides technical and economic feasibility analysis to other groups within CAG that are focused on improvements to the current state that deliver competitive advantages against CAG's peer set
- Develops Front-End-Loading packages (FEL's) that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success. FEL packages include, but are not limited to :
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, ConAgra, and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements (drawing level)
- Infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Support equipment acceptance criteria documentation and the actual testing/acceptance trials
- Work with the engineering team to establish the cost, schedule, risks, and startup requirements for projects
- Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- Write detailed functional control descriptions for the unit operations and processing systems
- Performs reviews of FEL packages or equivalent for accuracy, completeness and operational effectiveness
- Develops rough order of magnitude estimates to give the business a directional early view of a project and the robustness of the business case
- Keeps current with latest technology and commercial applications
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or Packaging Engineering (with emphasis on equipment).
- Packaging Equipment Engineering emphasis is required in addition to practical experience of 10+ years in food manufacturing and food packaging system design.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, and technical analysis and problem solving skills are required.
- This position is located in Omaha NE, Naperville IL, Chicago IL (Summer 2016) or select field locations.
- Variable depending on project timing, but up to 50% travel at times
Req ID: 52895
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.