Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Drive projects across all ConAgra Foods business platforms to contribute significantly, directly, and continually to the attainment of business results through the generation and application of advanced specialized knowledge in meat technology. Execute research to establish specifications for meat items used in all products using comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the properties of both meat products and finished consumer products, namely:
- An in-depth knowledge of the attributes of the meat product manufactured;
- Knowledge of raw material components, their variability, and synergistic effects on finished product;
- Knowledge of those product attributes that vary during production;
- Knowledge of the relationship between production variability and consumer acceptance
- Identification of the tolerable limits (levels/intensities) of product variability, in each attribute, which provide expected consumer acceptance and allow CFF meals plants to be efficient in manufacturing; and
- Knowledge of competitive set for each ConAgra Foods line of business.
- Development and commercialization of meat items, working within and outside of ConAgra Foods plants, to meet specifications established above.
- Independently develops technical work plans and executes projects.
- Being a leader in working with external venders for identification and evaluation of new food/meat ingredients and/or processes for use in the manufacture of ConAgra Foods products.
- Drives both long and short-term projects to identify and study critical variables we can use to improve current, and create new products.
- Recommend and champion changes to current products to achieve opportunities for competitive market advantage and improvement of consistency to the consumer.
- Adhere to project timelines ensuring projects proceed according to plan
- Provide sound data to support business decisions
- Coordinate and execute pilot and plant trials and product start-ups
- Develop and issue Consumer Based Specifications for formula, processing and raw ingredient specifications
- Apply knowledge of technical field of work and maintain awareness of technical development in field
- Assist with identification and development of ideas for technology improvements / cost savings
- Prepares and present technical reports/results, both written and oral, to associates, peers and occasionally to management with clear, concise topline summary/abstract
- Cost structure and business objectives comprehension
- BS in Food Science or related field required, MS preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Effective understanding of principles of scientific investigation and constitution suited to the practice of diligent observation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well and to effectively interact with, and influence others to accomplish goals.
- Frequent travel including flying to all parts of the U.S., possibly overseas.
- Proven ability to trust and rely on others, to display can do attitude even when going gets rough, and to continually be personally accountable.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Driving a company or rental automobile 4 - 6 hours as needed.
- Use of pilot plant equipment.
- Exposure to manufacturing environments for periodic extended work days to include: loud noise, heat, cold, wet and slippery conditions.
- Ability to move safely and freely around machinery in both manufacturing and pilot plants.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.