Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
The Team Leader is responsible for the product which is being produced and the management of the people within their area. Team Leaders are liaisons between management and the employees. More specifically, is responsible for implementing Company initiatives and motivating the workforce to meet goals; accomplish this by maintaining human safety, assisting in product-quality inspections, implementing ideas to improve manufacturing efficiency, interfacing with vendors, and being responsible for collecting, recording, and reporting operational data.
- Produce and package a high quality product through the use of proper procedures and adherence to good manufacturing practices and government standards in cooperation with the Quality & Food Safety department.
- Ensure the safety of all employees in the operation of equipment through proper training, enforcement of safety rules, documentation, and following proper procedures.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment in compliance with all company policies as well as regulatory agency standard.
- Understand and enforce all company policies and procedures
- Continuously strive for improvement in departmental efficiencies so that downtime is minimized and yield is maximized.
- Monitor rework levels and usage in order to keep rework levels at a minimum.
- Monitor and control inventory levels and yields through the proper usage and reporting of raw materials
- Consistently administer progressive discipline and performance documentation
- Fill in for other shift Team Leaders when they are absent and assume all principal duties and responsibilities
- Serve as a resource for Team Members on various topics such as safety, employee relation, production and quality related questions
- Control labor costs in regards to staffing and overtime through properly adhering to the direct labor standard. Ensure regular communication with all levels of management in the areas of processing, packaging, maintenance, quality/sanitation, and human resources.
- Plan and initiate cross training of employees to expand job knowledge and add flexibility to scheduling the workforce.
- Ensure proper and accurate reporting of all daily requirements.
- Responsible for obtaining company metrics & team goals.
- Responsible for food safety, food quality, and good manufacturing practices.
- Provide support in the execution of the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Maintain allergen awareness and protocol.
- Contribute to food safety and quality by regularly monitoring effectiveness of programs, and developing corrective actions for existing gaps.
- Responsible for reporting food safety and quality problems to the appropriate personnel, as well as following quality and safety programs and policies themselves in order to ensure products made meet the highest standards possible.
- Fill out any and all paperwork as required.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must work overtime as needed.
- Notify Production Manager of any suspicious personnel or incidents occurring that relate to plant security.
- Check production schedules at beginning of shift in order to determine the product description, size and quantities of each order to be run.
- All other duties as assigned.
Food Safety Production Areas
- Notify Supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customers and / or Government requirements / standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Inform Management of ANY Food Safety or Quality issues or of any processes, which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the absence of immediate supervisor, will assume necessary operational and administrative duties.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
- This is a plant level position that supports the operations team.
- Internal - Plant Management, Quality Assurance, R&D, Sanitation, Accounting, Procurement, Scheduling, Warehouse.
- External - Vendors, Suppliers and Contractors.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to walk the production lines frequently.
- High School diploma; a Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a team based work environment highly desired.
- An understanding of baking procedures and mixing operations is desired.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Must be willing to work any shift, overtime and weekends.
- Must be self-motivated and independent.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Able to use computer, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong bi-lingual verbal and written communication skills-English/Spanish preferred.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.