Build your career at ConAgra Foods Canada. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Responsible for developing a demand plan for assigned product segments and implementing all forecasting processes associated with creating a accurate demand signal for supply chain. Individual will develop and maintain forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons by incorporating business intellegence and business partnering with sales, marketing, finance and other sources to meet sales ad service objectives. Use of demand planning software to track and evaluate promotional and run rate trends. Drives the monthly forecasting process through leading discussions with sales, marketing, and finance groups. Develops and communicates future demand plans that drive supply chain planning processes.
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. Basic forecast modeling is the responsibility of this position. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing. Works as a business partner with Sales and Marketing to provide insights and recomnmendations to the forecast.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons
- Review historical sales trends and seasonal trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Lead and Business partner with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile forecast variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Pariticapation and lead the development of a consensus forecast for new item launches from ideation to commercialization in-market, and post launch stablization to ensure success
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to drive forecast accuracy and provide recommendations to the demand plan.
- Evaluate promotional activities to establish meandingful projections for future promotional volumes.
- Collect and filter market intelligence from business partners to determine the impact to the forecast build assumptions, document and incorportare into creation for forecasts at item level
- Development of long range annual volume forecast projections for planning / seasonal pack-planning for freshpack categories
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Works with production planning and deployment to translate consensus/financial forecasts into an sku level operational forecast for entire network
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Drives the monthly forecast consensus process for assigned categories/brands with cross-functional partners to to evaluate and align on 90 day detailed and full year consensus demand plan
- Maintain and publish performance metrics, analyse cause and effect, and implement corrective action to prevent future occurance.
- Lead the refinement and improvement of forecasting process and systems to improve results, customer service and operational KPI's
- Create and maintain reporting tools, within corporate system, to help manage the demand planning responsibilities. Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Understanding IT systems that support supply and demand planning to recomment and support changes to enhance the demand planning and S&OP process
- Has a good understanding of related supply chain processes and the downstream effects demand planning has on them
- Aids in the communication flow of changes to forecast and disseminates information to all stakeholders accordingly
- Provides leadership and direction for business team on matters regarding supply chain, forecasting, and demand planning
- Bachelors degree in logistics, statistics, business or other mathematically related fields.
- At least 3-5 yrs experience in Demand planning, forecasting,supply planning Experience. Experience with a CPG company a plus
- Excellent analytical, statistical, and organizational skills. Must be detailed oriented and highly organized
- Ability to lead and inlfuence other in reaching a consensus forecast.
- Previous Experience with statistical forecasting and related forecasting software, with understanding to cross-function supply chain concepts.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skillset, ability to mentor others in Excel.
- Previous experience with working with detail and strong skills in analyzing data is essential , with attention to details and big picture trends.
- Experience with facilitation of Forecasting and Consensus meetings/discussions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with using Reporting software tools a plus
- An Action Oriented Self- Starter : Someone who is driven by results. Someone who strongly believes in accountability. A task oriented self-starter who stays calm under pressure and proactively takes on big ideas and projects. Able to work under preassure and prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- A Collaborator: One who works well with teams, and can listen while still sharing a strong point of view
- Hands On: Someone humble enough to tackle low level mundane tasks some days and then drive high-level strategic discussions the next. Someone who is hungry to learn and take on more responsibility as the company grows
- A Creative Problem Solver: You have a creative bent and you love taking on challenges with a fresh perspective and creative mind.
- An Optimist: Someone with a can-do attitude, who can lead in the face of uncertainty.
- Faciliator: Someone who is comfortable leading the decision making processes with crossfunctional teams. Directing teams to drive fact-based discussion and evaluation
- A Communicator: Someone who is an effective communicator with strong influencing/negogiating skills
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. ConAgra Foods is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Canada.Recruitment@conagrafoods.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.