Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we're creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Coordinate with Enterprise Procurement, Operations, Sales & Operations Planning, Logistics, Research Quality & Innovation, Brand Management and Sales. Help drive innovation, renovation, cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives across their assigned plants. Provide single point-of-contact for plants to/from Enterprise Procurement. Ensure ingredient and packaging material availability for assigned plants through materials management support. Partner with brand management, category management and other procurement associates on projects and work streams as needs and priorities warrant.
- Serve as the Procurement contact, under the direction of the team lead, on assigned new product and renovation projects working closely with Brand Management, S&OP, Marketing, Sales, RQI, CPS, Operations, Category Management and the Plant Procurement team to ensure supply of packaging and ingredients supporting all new product launches.
- Serve as Enterprise Procurement contact, under the direction of the team lead, in designated Pillar for ConAgra cost reduction (CCR) ideation, review, approval and implementation processes, including project gate reviews. Ensure CCR Pillar targets are met.
- Ensure ingredient and packaging materials are available to support product renovations, and ongoing production requirements, across assigned plants.
- Participate on assigned NPI, re-stage, CCR, and improvement projects to ensure successful and on-time implementation.
- Participate in cross functional teams to understand MRP levers and optimize working capital while meeting service level targets.
- Execute predetermined strategies for non-finished goods including material obsolescence, volume projections, cost estimates, and material risk forecasting.
- Serve as primary escalation point for assigned plants. Assist with identifying root cause and implement solutions.
- Help identify and resolve material supply risks through coordination with assigned plants and Enterprise Procurement.
- Support continuous improvement activities to identify process improvement and cost savings opportunities while enabling identified projects to be properly prioritized and resourced.
- Participate in streamlining supply chain processes in assigned plants
- Participate in activity between the Pillar and Enterprise Procurement to leverage metrics, economics and intelligence for competitive advantage.
- Sustain supplier relationships with our plants by increasing demand visibility and leveraging material management processes.
- Execute strategies and metrics to improve execution and lower cost of inbound delivery.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, General Business Required
- 2-3 years experience in Purchasing and/or Supply Chain roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven influence management, project management and cross-functional team problem solving skills
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Ability to leverage computer software, (MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access*) *ability to use, not necessarily program Access
Req ID: 34364
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.