Responsible to eliminate all causes of machine failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Leads activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment. Provide technical and problem solving support for plant specific maintenance crews. Supports and executes plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals. Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Manage maintenance employee's performance in accordance with plant goals in safety, quality, cost, customer service, and culture.
- Manage all machine maintenance personnel including daily work schedules, vacations, sick days, etc.
- Manage all required maintenance training and certification programs.
- Maintain a high degree of electrical knowledge including hard wiring and PLC control.
- Maintain excellent troubleshooting skills in both mechanical and electrical.
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge of motor control circuits and electrical schemes / schematics.
- Continuously use a high degree of interpersonal skills including the ability to work with all types of people.
- Provide superior customer service for plant employees.
- Help to manage department CMMS system, including PM's, PM audits, equipment, purchase orders, work orders, work order histories, and employee time.
- Manage and supervise all OSHA compliance training for maintenance and stationary departments.
- Perform duties as plant Safety Management Expert (SME) for Hot Works Program, Fall Protection Program and Confined Space Program. Schedule all training and refresher training for these programs.
- Emergency Response Team Member responsible for the upkeep of the program and the regular testing and drilling with team members.
- Responsible for reporting any food safety issues to supervision.
- BS Degree preferred
- 3+ years maintenance supervisory experience in a union environment.
- Basic supervisory skills
- Must be results oriented with strong people skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to all circumstances
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.