As you know, at ConAgra Foods, we make great food - everyday food - in extraordinary ways, which is why we are creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.ã
PURPOSE: Perform various grade, tagging, and product assignment function to achieve optimum product quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Correctly tag bulk product containers or pallets as prescribed by dept./company policy.
- Sample bulk and/or finished products to perform attribute grade analysis based upon USDA grade criteria
- Sample products and facility to establish microbial presence and tolerance.
- Verify proper function or result of key plant systems such as blanching, freezing, sanitizing, and chlorination systems.
- Audit production processes such as cutter, cob saws, froth washer, etc
- Communicate variances and excessive tolerances to proper supervisory personnel
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; three to six months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic personal computer skills.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English.
- Bilingual preferred.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About Conagra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (ConAgra Foods) is a food company, supplying frozen potato and sweet potato products, as well as other vegetable, spice, and grain products to a variety of restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers. The Company operates in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods. On April 12, 2010, the Company acquired Elan Nutrition, Inc. (Elan), a privately held formulator and manufacturer of snack and nutrition bars. In June 2010, it acquired the assets of American Pie, LLC, a manufacturer of frozen fruit pies, thaw and serve pies, fruit cobblers and pie crusts under the licensed Marie Callender?s and Claim Jumper trade names, as well as frozen dinners, pot pies, and appetizers under the Claim Jumper trade name. In July 2010, it completed the sale of substantially all of the assets of Gilroy Foods & Flavors dehydrated garlic, onion, capsicum and Controlled Moisture, GardenFrost, Redi-Made, and fresh vegetable operations.