- We have an opening for a full-time SUPV, STOREROOM-HRLY position.
- Location: The Art Institute of Chicago - 111 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability, shifts may vary. Includes weekends.
- Requirement: Must have prior food service experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon AppÃ©tit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff's talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of "food service for a sustainable future."
Full time associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Oversees and coordinates activities in a storeroom or stockroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise associates who order, receive, and put away inventory.
- Supervise associates who issue or ship materials.
- Ensure that stocks and supplies are adequate, and are stored in a manner that preserves their quality.
- Ensure that FIFO system is used to minimize waste.
- Plan the layout and design of the storeroom, considering factors such as stock turnover, size and weight.
- Communicate with management and make recommendations regarding non-usable, slow-moving and excess stock.
- Resolve discrepancies between inventory and stock-control records.
- Assists vendors in gaining access to deliver (open gates, storerooms) and supervise while area is unsecure.
- Covers shifts for storeroom employees that are on vacation, sick, or otherwise absent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53634