- We have an opening for a Part-Time WAITER/WAITRESS position.
- Location: The Seasons East Greenwich; 5 St Elizabeth Way, East Greenwich, RI 02818. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Part-time, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Requirement: Waiter/waitress experience helpful.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
At FLIK, our operating philosophy is centered on three essential factors: great food, great service and great people. A FLIK Family-Then & Now. Great Food and Great Service are only possible with Great People behind the scenes. FLIK's steadfast dedication to the training and support of our associates continues to nourish our vision and growth. Dedication, diligence, operational excellence and hands-on expertise are FLIK trademarks - only achievable through the work of our team of professionals. We embark on a relationship with every FLIK associate that provides, demonstrates and cherishes growth, education and ongoing mentoring - today and every day. Summary:
Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; takes food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
- Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes preferences. As needed, demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
- Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient when communicating with guests and staff.
- Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling procedures.
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
- Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
- Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
- Operates a variety of equipment, including fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
- Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53573