- We have an opening for a full-time LEAD, KITCHEN UTILITY position.
- Location: Art Institute of Chicago - Terzo Piano Restaurant- 111 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability, shifts may vary. Includes weekends.
- Requirement: Must have prior food service experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon AppÃ©tit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff's talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of "food service for a sustainable future."
Full time associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Terzo Piano Restaurant
Summary: Assist shift supervisors and department directors in the day to day function of the department. Maintain high level of quality in all aspects of the department?s duties, by training, supporting supervising and interacting with department team members. Ensure that all schedules are assigned and completed daily. Set a positive example for department through professional interactions with team members, customers, patient and families. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or director. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Contribute to the team efforts and showing good customer interactions, and professionalism for customers, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers quality customer service to customers by providing one on one attention to the detail.
- Provide assignments and assistance to team members.
- Demonstrate proper use of personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance.
- Relieve shift supervisor in times of absence.
- Adjust or cover schedules as needed during times of short staffing.
- Ensure that team member maintain set standards by conducting quality assurance surveys.
- Monitor and report any equipment issues or shortages.
- Conduct customer and patient surveys.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or director.
- Interact with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age based competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53494