- We have an opening for a full-time SUPV, RETAIL position.
- Location: Art Institute of Chicago - The Museum Cafe at The Art Institute of Chicago - 111 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability, shifts may vary. Includes weekends.
- Requirement: Must have prior food service experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon AppÃ©tit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff's talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of "food service for a sustainable future."
Full time associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Ensures the proper assembly and service of foods. Maintains sanitation and safety of the department's service and utility areas. Supervises retail associates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for proper cash handling and completion of required daily, weekly and monthly reports, including weekly inventory, cash reports and production records.
- Responds to customer needs and requests; resolves customer concerns.
- Assists with menu planning and ordering using appropriate company programs and initiatives.
- Ensures that department is opened and closed per departmental security policies.
- Assists in the selection and orientation of associates; oversees associate training.
- Develops and posts associates' work schedules.
- Ensures associates' daily and weekly tasks are appropriately performed.
- Evaluates, mentors and disciplines associates according to departmental policy.
- Complies with federal, state, local and health department regulations; helps ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and practices involving food, personal safety and loss-prevention efforts.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when receiving, assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure the quality and safety of food supply.
- Identifies and uses cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS/SDS sheets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53498