- We have an opening for a full-time CHEF-HRLY position.
- Location: GM Innovation Center, 717 E Parmer Lane Austin, TX 78753 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability
- Requirement: City of Austin Food Handlers Permit
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, "connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise," is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the world's most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Full time associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Directs, coordinates and evaluates assigned kitchen, food production and food-service associates. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or purchase product.
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53429