- We have an opening for 3 part-time Bar Back positions.
- Location: Georgetown University, 3700 O St NW, Washington, DC 20057. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T Schedule; Available Sunday-Thursday 11AM-1AM, Friday-Saturday 11AM-3AM.
- Requirement: Experience is preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon AppÃ©tit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff's talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of "food service for a sustainable future."
Receives all liquor, beer and wine from storeroom on a daily basis and as needed. Replenishes all liquor, beer and wine as needed in the bar throughout the shift. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieves all needed food items from kitchen and delivers to bar area.
- Retrieves all needed beverage items and garnishes from storerooms and delivers to bar area.
- Sets up bottles on bar with 'top shelf' liquor on back shelf.
- Ensures beer taps are working properly.
- Places appropriate bar snacks on counter; keeps supplies, such as snacks and napkins, stocked throughout shift.
- Assists in opening and closing side work as assigned.
- Buses tables in bar area.
- Helps ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the bar or lounge areas; washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and floors under equipment; sweeps and mops service areas, including floor mats.
- Ensures rubbish is removed from all receptacles.
- Prepares and serves beverages as needed to assist bartender.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53452