- We have an opening for 10 Part Time HRLY - CHEF.
- Location: 1000 Spring Garden St, Greensboro, NC, 27412. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: PT nights / weekends / holidays.
- Requirement: Serv-Safe required; Word and Excel knowledge a HUGE plus.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish. Summary:
Directs, coordinates and evaluates assigned kitchen, food production and food-service associates. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates and participates in activities of cooks and other associates engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food. Ensures all food handling, sanitation and customer service standards are met.
- Supervises hourly kitchen associates, including interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling, participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action.
- Efficiently prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes to meet production, delivery and service schedules. Serves meals or prepares for delivery.
- Ensures proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Tracks food use, waste and consumption to requisition or purchase product.
- Receives and inspects product and supplies for quality and quantity to ensure appropriate inventory.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils. Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to ensure compliance with sanitation, safety, production and merchandising requirements.
- Helps select and develop recipes and menus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 53279