- We have an opening for a part-time Picker/Scanner position.
- Location: Des Moines Vending; 829 N. Compton Hiawatha, IA 52233. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: P/T Schedule; Monday through Friday, 7:00AM until finish.
- Requirement: No experience required!
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Pulls, picks and stacks goods into their correct containers, preparing them for shipment using various equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Stacks, piles and packs finished goods into containers following specific instructions.
- Gathers, organizes and delivers coffee products/supplies to office coffee customers.
- Prepares, cleans and checks containers for damage.
- Verifies that correct items and quantities are pulled.
- Maintains database of packages.
- Completes forms to track inventory and record measurement, weight and product count.
- Removes completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment such as conveyors or in specified areas such as loading docks.
- Seals and labels each container.
- Moves completed packages for loading.
- Loads or stuffs different products or merchandise.
- Counts items.
- Reviews packing lists.
- Marks and labels containers.
- Seals containers with glue and fasteners.
- Tags containers with marking tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 52902