- We have an opening for a full-time LEAD, PRODUCTION position.
- Location: Altera Corporation; 101 Innovation Dr, San Jose, CA 95134. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday thru Friday; 6 am - 2:30 pm.
- Requirement: Exceptional skills, organized, fast paced work style and exceptional cooking technique.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon AppÃ©tit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staff's talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of "food service for a sustainable future."
Full time associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Establishes and maintains food production and quality control/assurance of meats, fish, poultry, sauces, soups and other food items prepared in area kitchens. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items per company food standards for presentation, sanitation and safety; meets HACCP, OSHA and portion control guidelines.
- Under supervision, assigns duties to associates for efficient operation of the kitchen.
- Ensures efficient meal delivery to service areas; supervises meals.
- Monitors associates and storage areas to ensure proper storage and handling of products, including portion, presentation, and recipe controls; delegates or completes appropriate corrective action.
- Inspects work areas to confirm food and personal safety standards are met; reports equipment repair/maintenance needs to management.
- Supervises team members in absence of Sous Chef; makes recommendations for performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 52906