- We have an opening for a Full Time HRLY - ADMIN ASST position.
- Location: 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC, 28223. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday.
- Requirement: Graphic design experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Responsible for clerical functions and administrative support of food service programs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephones and direct inquires in a professional and client centric manner.
- Maintain confidential personnel files.
- Assist management staff in preparing confidential employment and labor relations documents, including but not limited to proposed disciplinary notices.
- Assist with staffing, including finding staff when employees call out on short notice.
- Work effectively and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, school personnel, administrators, student?s parents and Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain accurate and up to date records of students eligible for free and reduced priced lunches if applicable.
- Enter weekly cash sales and meal counts using computer.
- Perform daily bank deposit reconciliation.
- Process vendor invoices for payment - using computer, making sure addition is correct and checking item prices against bid specifications, making sure there is no discrepancy in pricing.
- Perform monthly vendor statement reconciliation.
- Prepare monthly state claim form for reimbursement.
- Assist in preparation of end of month financial reports.
- Attend in-service and/or safety meetings as required.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment; ability to perform job safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 52729