- We have 2 openings for a CLERK, DIET position.
- Location: Adventist Hinsdale Hospital - 120 N Oak Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Morning shift and some afternoons plus every other weekend and holidays.
- Requirement: Previous call center experience and/or diet education.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
TouchPoint Support Services, a member of Compass Group, is dedicated to providing hospitality services in the healthcare & senior living markets. We provide our customers with food & nutrition services, environmental services, patient transportation, laundry & linen processing, and valet parking. All of the associates in our organization are bonded together by a commitment to provide our patients, residents, guests, and customers with the very best hospitality experience by serving the needs of others through our brand promise, compassion at every point of human contact.
Under the direction of the Clinical Nutrition Manager, responsible for patient contact, nutrition care, patient menu management, data collection, nutrition screening and communication of patient needs. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distributes and collect menus. Assists patients in completing menu selections in compliance with prescribed diet as assigned by dietitian. Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies or sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Plans regular and modified menus based on current diet manual.
- Provides basic nutrition education to patients, documenting care to patients in the medical record, under the direction of the Registered Dietitian.
- Prepares and distributes supplements, tube feedings, and enteral formula in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and patient's rights policies.
- Complies with regulatory agency standards, including federal, state and JCAHO.
- Completes all required documentation, reports and logs.
- Follows facility and department infection-control policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility-wide and department Performance Improvement Program and on Performance Improvement teams to improve processes and patient care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 52643