- We have 15 openings for a full-time BARISTA position.
- Location: Angelo State Univ, 1910 Rosemont Dr. San Angelo, TX 76909. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Days, nights and weekends
- Requirement: Barista experience preferred
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items. Handles food according to HACCP guidelines and standards for quality food-service operations. Interacts with customers and other employees in a friendly, courteous manner. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and charge payments.
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by establishing good communication and assisting in the buying decision-making process.
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 52459