- We have 2 openings for part-time COLD FOOD (SALAD) positions.
- Location: TAMU - Catering, 233 Houston Street College Station, TX 77843 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability
- Requirement: Cooking experience
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Cuts delicatessen meats, vegetables and cheeses with slicing machine, knives or other cutters. Prepares and serves sandwiches, salads and other cold food items. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtains daily production schedule and preparation requirements from Chef.
- Prepares sandwich meats, cheeses, condiments and salads using approved production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Stocks and replenishes deli/cold products and condiments following approved merchandising guidelines.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from workstation, stove and refrigerator.
- Stores food in designated areas following HACCP standard wrapping, dating and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains counters, work surfaces, refrigeration units and floors in the preparation and serving areas.
- Places meat, cheese or vegetables on cutting board and cuts slices to designated thickness. Positions and clamps meat or cheese on carriage of slicing machine. Adjusts knob to set machine for desired thickness. Presses button to start motor that moves carriage past rotary blade that slices meats and cheeses.
- Interacts with coworkers to ensure compliance with company service standards, inventory and cash control procedures.
- Maintains clean, safe work environment to comply with sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 32281