- We have an opening for a Full-Time Asst, Catering position.
- Location: Missouri State Univ 901 S. National Ave. Sprinffield MO 65897 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday thru Friday 9;00am-5:00pm
- Requirement: General Office Skills, Food Service a Plus
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Provides administrative and clerical support to Catering Director and Executive Chef in the Catering Department function. This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone and directs calls accordingly.
- Schedules events and meeting rooms.
- Communicates effectively with customers, coworkers and management.
- Operates office machines, including printers, copiers and personal computers.
- Supports distribution of key communications and other materials.
- Maintains and updates department's filing system.
- Maintains office supply inventory; orders supplies as needed.
- Responds to routine questions about catering events and services.
- Types general correspondence, memos, catering menus and orders; some composition required; responsiblie for accuracy and clarity of final content.
- Performs data entry (e.g. invoices, department transfers, inventory, work orders, etc.).
- Researches outstanding Accounts Payable, providing information to Catering Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 29746