- We have an opening for 2 ROUTE DRIVERS.
- Location: 2045 N. Fayetteville Street, Asheboro, NC, 27203. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday.
- Requirement: 5 years of driving experience.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen's track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
Full time associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Drives company vehicle over established route to deliver product or render services. Fills and maintains vending and related equipment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orders stock from the warehouse and/or menus.
- Loads product into assigned vehicle and drives to a customer location according to an established schedule.
- Removes outdated/damaged product, fills machines to established inventory levels; collects sales funds and refills coins/bills to set levels. Fills machines in accordance with current merchandising program or required products. Performs routine machine cleaning, pays refunds and restocks counters.
- Records service transactions on appropriate forms and/or electronic device; distributes required paperwork and prints end-of-day reports, as required. Reports any improper machine operation. Conducts minor repairs and adjustment on machines.
- Ensures proper handling and rotation of perishable products; ensures refrigeration is maintained during transport.
- Resolves or reports customer complaints and machine malfunctions.
- Introduces customers to new products, services and promotions.
- Maintains security of cash and property by locking unattended vehicles; secures funds in a locked safe until returned to branch; secures keys at end of the shift.
- Unloads and cleans trash from delivery vehicle; performs daily vehicle operative checks; reports vehicle problems, and secures keys and vehicle.
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment; adheres to company safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license, unless otherwise indicated by state.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 29661