- We have 5 openings for a full-time FOOD UNIT LEAD position.
- Location: UTD IHOP, 800 W Campbell Richardson, TX 75080 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Open availability from 6:00am - 1:00am
- Requirement: Servsafe certificate preferred
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 23221