M.S. degree in Biology or a M.S. degree with 18 graduate hours in Biology. Some teaching experience in Biology at a two-year college. Minimum Knowledge & Skills: Ability to teach Anatomy & Physiology courses and knowledge of:
* Principles and practices of teaching;
* Training techniques;
* Detailed knowledge of material being taught in the specific course and program area;
* Knowledge of student engagement techniques;
* Record keeping procedures;
* Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction. Preferred Education/Training/Experience: Additional graduate hours in Biology. At least one year of teaching Anatomy & Physiology at a two-year college. Preferred Knowledge & Skills: Job Duties: Prepare, develop, revise curriculum and course work.
Meet classes as scheduled.
Complete paperwork/tests and issue student grades as scheduled.
Maintain office hours for student consultation.
Serve on committees as needed and assigned.
Participate in student advisement and participate in student recruitment and other applicable student orientated programs.
Other duties as appropriate to the position. Physical Requirements: Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Licensing/Certification Requirements:
About COLLEGE OF THE MAINLAND
College of the Mainland (COM) is a comprehensive two-year community college that has served the mainland portion of Galveston County since 1967. The main campus, on Amburn Road in Texas City, offers day, evening and weekend classes. An extension campus at Clear Creek High School in League City delivers both college credit and continuing education classes week nights. COM offers the first two years of a bachelor's degree and a variety of associate degree and certificate programs in nearly two dozen technical career fields. COM has a critically-acclaimed theatre, an award-winning jazz and brass ensemble and an innovative and eclectic art gallery. College of the Mainland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, handicap or Vietnam veteran status.