Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Tom's of Maine, Ajax, Fabuloso, and Suavitel, as well as Hill's Science Diet and Hill's Prescription Diet.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
Colgate-Palmolive Company invites applications to the Oral Care Consultant position in our West Chicago/North Illinois territory. You will be based from your home office, and you must reside in the territory.
The Oral Care Consultant is the Colgate-Palmolive face to the Dental Profession throughout an assigned geographic territory. The position is responsible for detailing and selling direct and through a 3rd party distributor sales force. The consultant is responsible for all areas of the Colgate-Palmolive professional business to include driving professional recommendations (Brand Recommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often), market shares, territory sales results, account penetration, financial return and professional relations.
The Oral Care Consultant is the expert presence to the dental profession driving relationships and account penetration through: regular visits with dental offices, detailing the science behind the Colgate product line, attending key dental conventions, networking with professional associations and driving sales and market penetration through management of the 3rd party/distribution community. Professional Recommendations (Brand Recommended Most Often/Brand Used Most Often) are made at the Dentist/Hygienist level and are driven by detailing the science behind the products; the Consultant's expertise is utilized to influence these key decision makers to drive recommendations on the Company's flagship brand, Colgate Total, and our Toothbrush line.
Specific position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Key interface with the Dental Profession, number one priority is to drive Professional Recommendation and Usage of Colgate Total and Colgate Toothbrushes.
- Serve as the primary resource for in-depth product knowledge to include Colgate Total to accounts and 3rd party Field Sales Consultants (FSC) by articulating the science/clinical efficacy and features/benefits of the complete Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals product line.
- Execute territory plan based on company assigned account segmentation, driving recommendations and sales results within existing and new accounts.
- Full ownership and understanding of territory sales numbers to include submission of monthly estimates.
- Build and maintain successful working relationship through effective communication with both internal and external customers to include Call Center, Marketing, HSD, and the Dental Professionals.
- Capitalize on networking opportunities to drive recommendations and sales to include participation in dental conventions, local dental/hygiene associations & study clubs and dental/ hygiene schools.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on a daily basis to document call activities, marketing attributes and surveys.
- Effective management of product samples to include compliance with monthly inventory of prescription products (PDMA - Prescription Drug Management Act).
- Full management of all third party FSCs within their designated sales territories.
- Increasing account penetration, sales and contracts by increasing joint Colgate-Henry Schein Dental (HSD) accounts through the day-to-day management by HSD. Work with FSCs to develop target lists and on lead generation and conduct regularly scheduled work-with dates throughout each sales quarter. These work-with dates will provide a key up-sell opportunity in existing HSD accounts.
- Maximize call activity level and reach by utilizing 3rd party relationships. Participate in 3rd party sales meetings to strengthen relationships with FSCs and communicate new products, strategies, and sales results.
- Bachelor's degree is required OR Associates Degree in dental hygiene or dental assisting with 2+ years in practice As well as 2-3 years required experience in selling/detailing, managing an outside sales geography is required
- At least 2 years experience in professional, dental or medical clinical detailing is required
- Valid driver's license is required
- Experience managing 3rd party distributor relationship is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 50% (depending upon geography) is required
- Proficiency with MS Office is required
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? Then apply using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.