Hill's Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
Location: Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
No Relocation Assistance Offered
If you are passionate about our company mission, we invite you to apply for the position of Veterinary Territory Manager for our Veterinary Channel, based out of your home office in either Eau Claire or Wausau, WI. The territory covers Northern Wisconsin and includes the Western upper pennisula of Michigan. You can expect approximately 7-8 nights per month of overnight travel.
As a Veterinary Territory Manager for Hill's Pet Nutrition, you will be responsible for managing an account base of veterinary clinics, and building net sales, product mix, share of market and BRMO (brand recommended most often) within those clinics, while also staying abreast of the competitive climate in the assigned territory to ensure the appropriate actions take place to drive the business. You will be part of a premier global company with cutting edge products substantiated by the best Research and Development. You will be supported by the best training in the industry and world-class marketing programs.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage an account base of veterinary clinics, building net sales,volume, market share and BRMO while improving product mix
- Promote and merchandise Hill's products and services. Implement the Perfect Clinic program where applicable.
- Educate customers through detailing and in-clinic seminars on the superior economic and nutritional value of Hill's pet diets and products
- Contribute to pets' well-being by driving endorsement of our products in veterinary clinics.
- Develop creative account specific strategies and joint plans to drive results
- Leverage Hill’s commercial and professional programs to drive product experience, awareness of superior formulation and taste to generate professional endorsement, and improve sales and market share in the clinic.
- Rollout new product launches and detail products to clinic staff leading to increased in-store presence and market leadership for all products
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
- Minimum of 2 year Associates degree with Registered Vet Tech credentials (DVM highly preferred)
Bachelor’s degree and 2 or more years prior field sales experience in a science/health related field
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Valid driver's license
- Strong computer skills ( Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Some overnight travel is required, approximately 7-8 nights per month
- DVM degree (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
- Field sales experience in Animal Health
- Ability to relocate for future opportunities
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and presentation skills, highly competitive, tenacious, and self-motivated
- Strong selling skills. Ability to persuade, negotiate and close
- Excellent skills in time management, planning and managing budgets
- Drive to grow and build a territory and a passion for pets
- Good analytical skills and basic understanding of business and business terminology
- Good work ethic, professional appearance and approach, high integrity
- Highly competitive pay
- Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Income Program/Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
- Healthcare and dependant care reimbursement accounts
- Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- 14 paid holidays
- Annual paid vacation
- Discounts on pet insurance
- On-going training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Highly professional, ethical, drug free environment
In addition, Hill's Vet Channel Territory Managers receive:
- 26% target bonus
- Company provided home office equipment and connectivity
- Fully paid company car
- Opportunity to work with a highly-committed and professional sales team
At Colgate-Palmolive/Hill's Pet Nutrition, we care about people. Attracting, developing and retaining exceptional talent are key global priorities. We proudly offer global career opportunities and a world-class People Development Program including mentoring, training, and work/life balance programs that ensure all employees have access to professional and personal development opportunities. We continuously strive to become a great place to work.
For more information about Hill's and Colgate, go to our websites at: http://www.hillspet.com/ and http://www.colgate-palmolive.com.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? Then apply using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.