CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking an Entry Level Structural Engineer - Transportation to join our Atlanta, GA office.
The responsibilities are associated with a wide range and diverse variety of transportation projects include, but are not limited to:
* Problem evaluation, analytical solutions and geometric design development.
* Three dimensional computer modeling, simulations and estimating.
* Development of calculations for the analysis and design of structural elements.
* Interpretation and development of specifications, standards and details.
* Field reconnaissance and data collection, in-office desktop research, and on-site inspection.
* Inspection of structural systems related to transportation and assisting with condition report development.
* CADD based plan preparation, and electronic document and file management.
* Verbal and written communications, correspondence and reports.
* Professional interaction and contribution in a collaborative team environment.
* Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering required; master's degree in Civil Engineering with concentration in Structures preferred.
* 0-2 years of related design or construction-related experience.
* Passing of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) is preferred.
* Strong structural analytic skills is required; experience with designing steel and concrete structures is preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Proficiency with MS Office software required.
* Experience with MicroStation preferred; knowledge, familiarity or experience with Inroads design systems a plus.
* Experience with structural analysis and design software such as Leap Bridge, Merlin, STAAD, Midas a plus.
* Desire to work in a collaborative team environment with the willingness to assist mid and senior level engineers and project managers.
* Willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
* Ability to work outdoors in different weather conditions as needed for bridge inspections.
* Ability to perform moderate physical labor as needed for bridge inspections.
* Valid driver's license required.
* CHA will not accept applications of candidates who require visa sponsorships now or in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Clough, Harbour & Associates, LLP
CHA's technology professionals are dedicated to making GIS affordable and available to clients across all of the markets that we serve. We pride ourselves on developing real-world solutions that leverage our clients' existing technology and data to meet their individual needs as well as their budgets.