|The Business Entity |
Are you looking for an amazing career opportunity in software Product Management? Are you ready to be part of a dynamic startup culture, with the resources of a global giant? Do you love digging into complex problems, and are passionate about the transformation that the cloud is providing to traditional IT? If so, read on!
Metacloud, now a part of Cisco and known as Metapod, is a rapidly growing startup, looking for a Product Manager with a mix of real technical skills and business savvy. You could even be an engineer or a devops engineer who has done “some” product management and are ready to take the next leap.
You will be part of the team responsible for capturing and articulating Metapod’s product strategy and vision, working with customers and partners, and working with engineering teams to oversee progress of development efforts. Your role will impact customer value and time-to-market and will help drive continued company growth.
Role & Responsibilities
● Contribute to the long term product vision, help build the roadmap.
● Conduct market research by working with internal teams and visits to customers and other relevant companies
● Manage a products life-cycle from planning to tactical activities to cross company go to market planning.
● Specify product requirements in the form of functional requirements, user stories, wireframes, and their objectives.
● Define and drive the solution across all Metapod departments including the development of company wide go to market plans.
● Participate in customer facing events and conferences as a product expert.
Skills and Experience
● Deep technical understanding of key IT infrastructure technologies.
● Strong background in at least one of the following: servers, virtualization, networks, storage, or infrastructure as a service cloud platforms. OpenStack knowledge a big plus.
● Highly developed English written, oral, and graphic communications skills.
● Ability to synthesize and clearly articulate complex concepts and requirements.
● Strong organizational skills: ability to track and prioritize multiple issues.
● Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
● Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and project management for product release readiness.
● A team player with high professional standards who can share and learn from others, but at the same time be able to work very independently and lead by influence.
● BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
● 3+ years product management experience or engineering role with product planning responsibilities in a SaaS business or Enterprise software.
● You have to be able to “play nice with others.” Metapod seeks extraordinary minds, talent, and abilities, but not at the expense of our company culture and the tranquility of our employees and workplace.
What will you get?
As the infrastructure world moves inexorably toward figuring out what "cloud" means, we believe that we've created the best model for developing that into a successful business. This is your opportunity to be directly involved in a pivotal moment in the evolution of the Internet.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.