|The Business Entity |
The newly formed Connected Experiences Practice combines the breakthroughs of Internet of Everything with a full suite of Collaboration services to ensure our clients have rich, next generation, and market leading end user and client solutions. The focus of this role will be on our Collaboration Solutions, transforming our largest customers by enabling cutting edge solutions based on collaboration products.
Are you involved with the most complex and challenging collaboration designs and architectures? Here, you'll be designing, implementing, and empowering the world’s largest customers. You'll collaborate as part of an engineering team that is passionate about transforming their customers.
Role & Responsibilities
The Enterprise Voice Network Consulting Engineer provides Cisco Unified Communications consulting expertise for strategic large customers. This individual will develop the design of the customer VoIP solution at the systems and network level and execute to the Cisco IPC Delivery Methodology. The skills required range from detailed technical knowledge of a voice system architecture to application specific business needs.
- Set technical direction for Cisco Advanced Services best practices and functional roles within customer engagements.
- Act in a technical team leadership capacity and provide support as the focal point for highly complex customer problems.
- Assist and support identifying skills and business shortfalls in a customer environment, and participate in establishing programs to address them.
- Generate voice network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex environments; expected to generate standard project documentation including detailed test plan for highly complex networks.
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of highly complex VoIP networking problems.
- Build simulated VoIP networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Plan and execute highly complex VoIP Upgrade and Migration activity.
- Assist customer with deployment of related tools that support a customer and related Network Management Systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the highly complex customer VoIP network problems across a broad range of technologies.
- Support pre-sales activity for highly complex networks.
- Expected to write technical white papers for new technologies supported by Advanced Services in an effort to develop VoIP network design & architecture best practices for Advanced Services.
- Actively participate in virtual technology teams within Cisco is required.
- Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus 6-8 years’ experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
- Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, IBM internetworking, LAN Switching, ATM & Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, CDN, Optical, Wireless, IPCC. WAN protocols (Frame Relay, ISDN). IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
- Large-scale network design skills. Undertake support as designated Professional Services engineer for large-scale networks.
- Must possess strong technical account management skills.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Professional Services or high-level support.
- Active participant in virtual technology teams within Advanced Services.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning.
- The position involves travel ranging from 40-60% over the long-term, including short periods of 100% weekday travel.
- CCIE certification
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
#Collaboration #CiscoJobs #ConnectedExperiences #UnifiedCommunications
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for you right now, however it is highly likely we will in the very near future.
If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that a Cisco representative can contact you directly.