|The Business Entity |
Cisco’s Advanced Services Organization delivers the technologies, solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. We are "Cisco's Face to the Customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as visible contributors delivering on our commitments. Ideal candidates are creative problem solvers, comfortable with challenging the status quo and rapidly responding to escalated issues.
The Global Delivery Center provides flexible and innovative ways to help meet customer needs while improving profitability for Advanced Services (AS) delivery teams. GDC’s highly technical, global resources support customer engagements in all theaters acting as a seamless delivery partner to AS practice and theatre teams.
These capabilities expand Cisco's technical reach across all Cisco architectures - Borderless Networks, Collaboration, Data Center/Virtualization, Mobility, Video, NGN and OSS. Through our network of Global Delivery Centers (GDCs) we enable delivery of innovative services and solutions. Our collaborative delivery model drives scalability, productivity and innovation across the AS organization.
GDCs are located in strategic regions around the globe - Bangalore, Dalian, Mexico City, Krakow and Raleigh (RTP) - enabling a more consistent and relevant customer experience across barriers of time zone, language and local regulations. Our growth is fueling anticipated hiring for Network Consulting Engineers in our Research Triangle Park, NC location in the coming months, but we are ready to talk to you NOW!
Role & Responsibilities
The Network Consulting Engineer is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of Advanced Services support to Cisco’s major accounts in the US Theater. This highly impactful role drives and performs architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. NCEs work with customers to document their business requirements and map them to technical solutions, enabling mutual success with the design and deployment of best-in-class solutions.
● Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
● Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks; Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
● Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems; analysis of highly complex network designs
● Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
● Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus a minimum of 3-7 years relevant experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment in either an Enterprise or Service Provider vertical
● Large-scale network design skills; Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
● Expert level knowledge in TWO of the following and strong knowledge in all other areas of: IP internetworking, LAN Switching, Voice technologies, IP Telephony, SAN, DCN, Optical, IPCC; IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
● Advanced Degree (MS or equivalent)
● Cisco Certifications up to and including CCIE (CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, CCDP)
● Experience in one of the following areas -
● Cisco Route / Switch products / technologies
● Cisco Data Center Products (Nexus, UCS, SAN, WAAS)
● Cisco IP Voice / Video; Security; Connected Experience
● US Government Security Clearance or ability to obtain clearance is highly desired
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for you right now, however it is highly likely we will in the very near future.
If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that a Cisco representative can contact you directly.