Job Title: Assistant Nurse Manager- FT E/M - Surgical Critical Care
Location: Christiana Tower - A/B
City, State Newark, Delaware
Christiana Care has the prestigious Magnet® designation with two acute care hospitals located in Wilmington and Newark, Delaware. U.S. News & World Report today named Christiana Care among America's "Best Hospitals", citing us as one of the Top 50 Hospitals in the nation both for the specialty of Gynecology and the specialty of Diabetes & Endocrinology.
U.S. News also lists us as a "high performing hospital" in 10 other specialties and ranks us No. 1 hospital in Delaware. The publication evaluated nearly 5,000 hospitals and Christiana Care was one of just 144 - or three percent - to make the list.
The Surgical Critical Care Complex (SCCC) is a 22 bed Surgical / Trauma Intensive Care Unit. This unit is newly renovated with state-of-the-art equipment. We have a cohesive Nursing Team who serve patients with a multidisciplinary approach. The Nurses on this unit work with neurosurgical, general surgical, and adult/pediatric trauma patients.
We are the only medical center in the state of Delaware to receive verification as a Level 1 Trauma center. The Surgical Critical Care Complex is currently seeking an Assistant Nurse Manager.
* ANM will assist the Nurse Manager in the overall administrative direction for the clinical practice of nursing and delivery of high quality and cost effective care to all patients utilizing the services of the Christiana Hospital Surgical Critical Care Complex.
* Shares 24-hour responsibility and accountability for all aspects of daily operational activity with the Nurse Manager.
* Bachelors degree in Nursing or Master's degree in Nursing is required.
* BSN candidates must commit to completion of Masters program within 3 years of start date. Prepaid tuition available.
* Professional certification preferred. ANCC Certification required within 6 months of start date
* Three years appropriate clinical experience required.
* Demonstrated leadership competencies.
Work Shift Evening Shf, Rot Eve/Mor
Position Type Management
Job Requisition #: 34225BR
About Us Christiana Care Health System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer whose staff is representative of its community, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
About Christiana Care
Christiana Care Health System Residency Programs offer numerous challenging and fully accredited residencies at one of the nation's largest, nonprofit, nongovernment, teaching institutions. Residents receive rigorous academic training combined with hands-on experience in two hospital settings - a large tertiary care and trauma facility and a close-knit community hospital.
In 1997, we changed our corporate name from Medical Center of Delaware Residency Programs to Christiana Care Health System Residency Programs, a name that better reflects the breadth and depth of health services we provide. We still, however, maintain the reputation for excellence our residency programs earned as the Medical Center of Delaware. Our facilities offer the most advanced medical technology in a region with a highly diverse patient mix, integrating acute care with community hospital affiliations, home health care and primary care centers. The caliber, accessibility and collegiality of the medical staff, as well as a high-quality work environment, ensure a comprehensive and rewarding residency.
To learn more about what Delaware and the region have to offer, check out the News Journal, Delaware's largest newspaper.