CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Under immediate supervision, respond to phone calls in a fast-paced call center promoting and selling CenturyLink products and services to customers with a high sense of urgency while providing extraordinary customer service; to include answering questions, fulfilling orders, troubleshooting problems, responding with information, and limiting call transfers with first call resolution.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain strong customer rapport
- Show care to each customer by using patience, attentiveness, willingness to help while being professional and showing respect
- Perfect the customer experience by providing superior service
- Receive, listen to and respond to inbound calls from CenturyLink residential customers
- Consult with customers to gather information and make recommendations for their communication and entertainment needs
- Receive/resolve complaints and general calls in regards to service, billing, payment and other service related issues
- Meet required sales objectives by offering and selling CenturyLink products and services on every call
- Sell additional services and products by recognizing opportunities to up-sell; explaining new features
- Use various computer systems/screens simultaneously to process sales and service orders
- Consult, multi-task, and problem solve with the customers which includes handling complaints
- Maintain and improve speed, accuracy and quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines
- Update job and product knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Data entry with speed and accuracy
Training Class: March 7, 2016
- $12.35/hr to start with hourly wage increases every six months until reaching the top of the wage scale plus uncapped commission for incredible earning potential!
- Paid training will be 8weeks; 9a.m. to 6p.m. Mon-Fri.
- MUST be able to attend entire training without time off!
Location: 20 E Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ
Typical Work Hours: Current hours of operation are 6am to 7pm. Mon-Fri. Shifts are based on seniority. Mandatory overtime may be required, based on call volumes during normal hours of operation.
- No Weekends!
- Fantastic Medical, Dental and Vision, offered after 30 days of employment for you and your family!
- Paid Vacation – 1 week of vacation after 6 months of employment!
- Company prepaid tuition program after 90 days of employment!
- 401K Plan with company match!
- Discounts on CenturyLink Products and Services!
Alternate Location: Phoenix, AZ (Arizona)
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions - including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television - provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.