CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The scope of this position is to lead a team of Account Managers in the support, acquisition, growth, and retention of CenturyLink's existing customer base by heading up post-service support issues relating to ordering, provisioning, billing, and retention of CenturyLink Products and Services. The Manager for Sales Support organization will provide second-level guidance and direction on sales and support issues to ensure customer satisfaction with CenturyLink products and services. This includes providing internal contact expertise, advice and direction to the Sales Teams, and the customer base which contributes to both the sales process (Pre sale) and the support process (Post sale). This position is the escalation point for all customers and Sales/Support team members who need additional support for order activity and related issues. The manager is responsible for driving process and product improvement within our operational teams. The manager will coordinate and manage the account consultant team workload, assignment, and provide critical customer care guidance.
- Manage, lead, and support activities of the account management team
- Hire and manage the performance of assigned departmental employees
- Ensure the assigned employees are trained on current products and processes
- Responsible for employee development, formalized and scheduled training programs for assigned employees
- Develop, implement, and monitor departmental goals and KPIs. Special projects as assigned.
- 5 years of technical sales experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in managing escalations and complicated customer issues
- Strong communication (oral and written), leadership, organizational, presentation, project management and team building skills
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions - including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television - provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.