CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Supervisor Plant Facilities
Serve as the interface within the company and with our contract construction partners on engineering, construction, installation and inspection matters helping to ensure conformance to established practices and procedures for the engineering, construction, installation and inspection of communications plant facilities.
This person will be responsible for the scheduling, monitoring and inspection of all capital construction projects during all phases of construction. This person is also responsible for ensuring accurate billing from our contract construction partners.
This position will also be supervise and schedule work for represented employees.
- Experience in management, project management or engineering economics or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Possess leadership and communications skills to direct and coach employees towards departmental goals.
- Self motivated, team player with good organizational skills
- Well-defined inter-personal skills - ability to positively interact with internal and external contacts
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Outside Plant equipment and designs with some knowledge of ISP equipment.
- Working knowledge of regulatory rules on a national and state level.
- Prepare written and oral reports regarding capital construction requirements and associated engineering and construction issues.
- Be proficient in word processing, spread sheets, and database using a personal computer.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Supervise outside plant construction activities to provide efficient operations and quality service in a timely manner.
- Supervise assigned exempt, nonexempt and bargaining Plant Facilities personnel including, but not limited to line workers, cable splicers and clerical positions ensuring common goals and objectives are met for the department.
- Provide indirect guidance to Engineering and other groups to ensure efficient work flow in the construction and turn-up process.
- Coordinate with engineering and construction teams to schedule construction of facilities as well as resolve any issues with engineering designs and plans.
- Coordinate with various groups to schedule maintenance windows, equipment upgrades and trunk/span turn-up.
- Participate in the process of negotiating and or bidding of projects with vendors and contractors for the construction and/or installation of plant facilities.
- Provide assistance to engineers and placement contractors on designs and plans to evaluate and implement new services, technologies, and products within established standards.
- Provide recommendations for necessary training for technicians.
Ensure CenturyLink System Practices are communicated and adhered to.
- Supervise technicians by appraising performance, training and communicating department objectives.
- Assist in the preparation of the FEV and operating budgets for the Division Plant Facilities department.
- Staying abreast of the technical and regulatory environment.
Alternate Location: Sioux Falls, SD (South Dakota)
Requisition #: 1881
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions - including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television - provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.