CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The Technology Channel Account Specialist is part of the Channel Alliance sales team and is accountable for selling the legacy CenturyLink Technology portfolio to those opportunities originating from Channel Alliance partners. These roles will be scoped and aligned to a geographic region. Accountability for revenue generation, year over year growth and customer satisfaction. Will represent CenturyLink and/or our partner to the customer and the customer to the company in all sales-oriented activities.
- This role is not overlay to the field sales force; incumbents will carry their own quota that is distinct from the field sales force.
- Primary responsibility is the acquisition of new business (customers not currently doing business with CenturyLink).
- Ensure and maintain minimum funnel goals are met or exceeded.
- Manage the CRM tool and provide weekly feedback on prospects and opportunities
- Develop profiles/plans for targeted companies.
- Generate opportunities for revenue via prospecting through outbound marketing activities.
- Generate $5 of opportunity for every $1 dollar of assigned quota.
- Prospect within assigned geographical territory to identify new business and sales opportunities.
- Qualify and make presentations to potential CenturyLink customers.
- Propose and close opportunities for CenturyLink solutions
- Set and manage customer expectations throughout the lifecycle of the account.
- Identify and capture revenue opportunities for CenturyLink services.
- Independently establish and grow new or existing client base.
- Identify, understand and solve any obstacles or objections to the successful sale of CenturyLink services
- Sales promotion primarily through outbound sales activities.
- Continually application of in-depth technical knowledge of products, systems and services (may include contract documentation).
- Responsible to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of industry, competitive posture of the company.
- Minimum of three (3) years inside sales; experience selling to C-level and senior management in small to mid-size companies.
- Background in IT infrastructure or integration companies or direct experience with hosting/professional service providers. Demonstrated success in applying consultative selling techniques to mid -size companies.
- Proven and verifiable track record exceeding sales quotas within a specific Geographic Market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of CenturyLink hosting offerings, products and services.
- Demonstrated experience selling a combination of the following a strong plus: Managed Hosting Professional Services/Consulting Managed Security Professional Services.
- Industry knowledge: Media and Entertainment Retail Financial Services Legal Healthcare.
Alternate Location: Denver, CO (Colorado)
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions - including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television - provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.