STATEMENT OF POLICY
A key focus of Centura's overall business strategy is talent development. Centura is committed to providing the tools and processes that will enable associates to plan their careers. The preferred practice is to post available positions on the Centura Health Career Website allowing visibility to job opportunities at Centura.
Associates are eligible to apply for an open position if they are:
1. Active in their current position for at least six months or have manager and HR approval to be released early;
2. Ratings meet expectations or higher on their PFD review;
3. No written warning or Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) within the last six months unless their manager receives approval from HR; and
4. Continuous sustained improvement is demonstrated.
Centura's general practice is to post available positions on the Career Website for a minimum of three business days (HR reserves the right to close a posting based on the number of applications received within the three business days). The position may be posted internally and externally simultaneously. The organization reserves the right to post internally only before posting externally.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 65382
Delivery of Medical Care
The Panel Physician will-
ï‚· Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
ï‚· Support the PD, CC, and LMD in the professional development of clinical and administrative staff.
ï‚· Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
The Panel Physician will-
ï‚· Support the center’s requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
ï‚· Participate, along with the PD, CC and LMD, in regular review of various clinical and operational indicators of center performance.
ï‚· Support implementation of the Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
The Panel Physician will-
ï‚· Maintain a working knowledge of resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
ï‚· Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
ï‚· Attend the “Introduction to Hyperbaric Medicine and Problem Wound Management Course” or another equivalent course prior to assuming panel physician duties.
Mercy Regional Medical Center is seeking a Board Certified or Board Eligible Urologist. The right candidate will join an established practice supported by a full-service, acute care hospital. The practice has a good mix of patients with most subspecialties onsite. This unique employed opportunity offers the right person the ability to treat patients in a high quality, highly collaborative environment.
Mercy Regional Medical Center focuses on professional excellence, patient relationships, treating the whole person, body, mind and spirit while embracing preventive medicine. With a welcoming atmosphere, patient-centered care philosophy and a commitment to be an integral part of our community; this opportunity allows the right physician a fully employed position that includes a competitive compensation package that rewards productivity, provides full health and retirement benefits, malpractice coverage and much more.
A few facts about Mercy and Durango:
Mercy Regional Medical Center:
- New, 83 bed (all private room) campus – Construction finished in 2006.
- Regional Referral center with large catchment area.
- Currently employ 15 practices in the following areas: hematology-oncology, radiation oncology, nephrology, pulmonology, cardiology (Interventional and general), primary care, hospitalist, intensivist, occupational medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery, urology, rheumatology, infectious disease and travel medicine.
- Durango is a flourishing mountain community that has been named “Best River Town” by Outside Magazine and has been named a “Best Place to Live” by Money Magazine, Outside Magazine, Bike Magazine and Ski Magazine. It has also been a Tree City USA for 32 years and is a League of American Bicyclists Gold Community.
- Regional airport with direct daily flights to major hubs (Denver, Phoenix, Dallas-Fort Worth).
- Excellent public, charter and private school options.
- 4 year state college in town with 4000 students.
- More restaurants per capita that San Francisco.
- Named a “Life is Better Here” town by Outside Magazine in 2013 (AGAIN).
If you’d like to learn more about the quality of life in Durango, the following webpage will be helpful -
Centura Health, Colorado's largest Health Care System which spans the state of Colorado with locations in growing, thriving communities and offers some of the most diverse and rewarding provider practice opportunities. This rare opportunity to live and practice in a thriving mountain community will provide both a professionally and personally rewarding career.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your CV to Alison Zarlingo at email@example.com or call 970-764-3914.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.