Centura Health Physician Group (CHPG) offers providers a true opportunity to live their calling to care while experiencing the support of a built-in comprehensive network, vast resources, professional growth, trusted leadership, generous benefits and an amazing quality of life with locations that span Colorado and into Western Kansas. CHPG is proud to connect providers and consumers through state-of-the-art technology, clinical resources and professional expertise to help people live healthier. Our coordinated services represent a full continuum of care – from preventive and early diagnoses to leading-edge treatment and life-saving critical care. CHPG’s ability to deliver better health care value is the direct result of combining the best clinical tools, shared resources and medical expertise with a patient-centered approach that emphasizes Centura Health’s mission and commitment to quality, compassion and service.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 43084
Parker Adventist Hospital
Per Request Needed
Assumes a supportive role and has responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and
collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical,
emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, wellbeing and safety of the
patient in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the delegation of medical services as
defined by State Medical Practice Act. May perform a variety of clinical tasks as directed by an
authorized health care provider in accordance with the Centura Health Physician Group Scope of
Practice. May assist with front office duties and scheduling of tests and/or patient appointments.
Responsible for accurate chart documentation and medical record maintenance. Attends / conducts inservice
presentations and seminars to facilitate personal and professional growth. Demonstrates personal
accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
High School Degree or Equivalent
Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Clinical Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant is strongly preferred
Diploma from an accredited medical assistant's program and externship completed is preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
One year experience preferred
Clinical skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
Current Certification as a Medical Assistant, is strongly preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers preferred
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Assess patient's physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records & clinical data. Evaluates patient's response and reports to responsible provider to ensure optimal patient outcome.*
- Contributes to the development and implementation of patient plan of care and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team; determine presence/absence of barriers to active participation in the individualized care plan and ability to self-manage their health conditions, with the purpose of planning patient care and care coordination.*
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic and diagnostic interventions including but not limited to vital signs, minor treatments/procedures, prevention services, pre-visit planning and postvisit follow up, medication refills per protocol for existing treatment plans and ensures patient flow through the clinic is efficient.
- Actively uses and incorporates the use of patient registry into practice to determine ongoing healthcare needs. *
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.*
- Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family, health literacy, barriers to learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching; patient engagement. *
- Encourage patient engagement in the healthcare partnership through the use of motivational interviewing, evidence based self-management support protocols, tools, and teach-back methodology.*
- Aid in the coordination of the patient' plan of care to ensure patient flow through the clinic is efficient.*
- Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient's preferences, values, and needs.*
- Provide relationship-based care in which the medical assistant strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage them in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.*
- Contributes to continuous process improvement by taking an active role in patient experience and satisfaction.*
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective
- patient care.*
- Professional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professionalism in alignment with the system Standards of Behavior.*
- Manages resources and patient flow by identifying community resources to support wellness with individualized patient's needs. *
- Uses standards of care, policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.*
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Function effectively within inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Participate in the activities of an interdisciplinary care team that takes collective responsibility for proactively supporting patient's unity of body, mind and spirit. *
- Precepts and mentors new staff or medical assistant students as needed.*
- Takes the lead to ensure adequate levels of supplies are available for clinic operations to continue un-interrupted service and the environment is safe and clean. *
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education to advance skill set*
- Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance.*
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.*
- Evaluates one's own integrity and clinical practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.*
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at clinic based meetings.*
- Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care. *
- Participate in clinic-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.*
- Knowledgeable of practice protocols developed from evidence based guidelines.*
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.*
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records including importing and communication of scanned documents*
- Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.*
- Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.*
This is a Medical Assistant position for Parker Endocrinology, located in Parker, CO.
It is a Per Requested Need position.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.