St. Catherine Hospital in Garden City was founded by two pioneering physicians and the Dominican Sisters more than 80 years ago. This 132-bed, Joint Commission-accredited regional health care center provides a full-range of medical specialties for the people of southwest Kansas with a Level III Emergency Room, leading edge cardiac care, the Maternal-Child Birth Center and a free standing Cancer Center affiliated with the Midwest Cancer Alliance, part of the University of Kansas Cancer Center. Exceptional care, extraordinary people and a faith-based, non-profit mission - it's what makes the St. Catherine Hospital unique for patients and rewarding for associates. Residents of Garden City enjoy life in a relaxed, small-town (population approx. 30,000) with a zoo, several parks, golf courses, modern shopping and more. For more information about St. Catherine Hospital, visit http://www.stcatherinehosp.org/.
JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 31944
Assumes responsibility and accountability for rapid assessment, nursing diagnosis and works with MD partners to assure safe patient diagnostic testing and optimal plan of care. Performs advanced practice procedures. Utilizes the nursing process to promote/restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
- Graduate of Accredited School Of Nursing.
- Masters degree in Adult Nurse Practitioner or related degree
work experience requirements
- 1 year experience in a hospital setting preferred
- RN license in the state of Kansas
- Current Registered member of the Kansas Advanced Practice Registry.
- Current BLS for healthcare providers certification required from American Heart Association
- Required to have a board certification as an APN in a specialty relevant to current practice
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.