Carlisle Construction Materials, a worldwide leading diversified manufacturer of premium building products and related technology has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer, based in Tooele, UT. This position will be directly involved in the development of accurate electrical cost estimates, new and retrofit electrical project design and accurate specification development. The electrical engineer will provide equipment start up assistance and issue regular project status reports. This position will require the basic understanding of plant power distribution systems and process/machinery control systems as well as provide complete and appropriate documentation for all projects upon completion.
Travel Required- occasional
Relocation benefits are available
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Develop accurate cost estimates and manpower requirements for major capital projects.
* Assist in the preparation of power systems and control system specifications and design criteria. Solicit and review competitive bids, issue purchase requisitions, assist in the coordination of equipment installation and supervision of electrical contractors during building and equipment installation phase and start up.
* Provide training and technical assistance to plant engineering/maintenance personnel and production personnel to insure all project goals are successfully attained.
* Using the latest hardware and software components, design machine control systems and power distribution systems to maximize equipment productivity and assure all code requirements and safety standards are strictly met.
* Provide technical assistance and project support to all Carlisle Construction Materials Plants, with an emphasis on facilities located in Utah and west.
* Travel to Carlisle Construction Materials facilities outside of home base office, in support of project planning, equipment installation, start up, and training.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of one year of related engineering experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment. Internship experience will be considered. Candidates must have strong computer literacy. Experience with PLC control systems, Ethernet and Devicenet, LANS, databases and data collection schemes is highly preferred.
Carlisle Construction Materials offers a competitive benefits package which includes 401k, medical/dental/prescription drug, life insurance, flex spending, holiday and vacation pay.
About Carlisle SynTec, Inc.
Carlisle SynTec Incorporated has been supplying roofing systems to the international market for more than twenty years. Ten years ago, we formed an international division to address this market. The reason was simple. We know that foreign construction comes with a unique set of challenges. Doing business abroad involves adapting to a different way of doing things--new customs, laws, government regulations, currency, and language. It also means greater distance which can lead to higher costs. Our International Operations Department is experienced in meeting those challenges. It is our job to make the best single-ply roof in America work for you worldwide. We will provide a detailed bill of quantities and see your project through from design to on-site training and final inspection. We have seven international offices and seven distribution centers around the world. Carlisle Roofing Systems have been installed in more than 50 countries, including Hong Kong, Guam, Saudi Arabia, the Soviet Union, Mexico, and Columbia to name just a few. Carlisle roofs are there because no other company matches our expertise and service. We don't just sell products, we provide roofing systems that work. Carlisle helped to pioneer the single-ply roof in the early 1960's and remains today's leader for many good reasons: Top quality materials and products Roofs that are lightweight Quick, economical installations Complete freight forwarding Five single-ply designs - one for every type of roof Designs pre-engineered to meet specific building requirements Roofs that perform in any climate When you choose a Carlisle Roofing System for your foreign installations, you get high quality products, complete service, and competitive prices. Although roofing usually reflects a small percentage of the cost of the construction project, maintenance can be a major drain on your profits later. That's why a low-maintenance, trouble-free, single-ply roof makes sense--anywhere in the world. When you choose Carlisle, we go where you need us.