*Seeking experienced inpatient coder*
Support Carilion's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Specifically, the Compliance Auditor will be responsible for providing organizational integrity and compliance guidance, developing and implementing proactive strategies to reduce risk and performing investigations and audits for the areas assigned. Theauditor will focus the majority of their time on performing planned and investigative audits and associated workrelated to revenue-cycle relatedcompliance risks.
· As assigned, receives, provides guidance, investigates and responds to documentation, coding and revenue-cycle related organizational integrity and compliance questions and concerns. Will assist in the evaluation and resolution of external audit inquiries and results (such as RAC, CERT, PERM, ZPIC, CMS, MAC, etc.). Serves as department lead on key projects, initiatives and complex issues as assigned.
· Assists with periodic risk assessments to identify, prioritize and evaluate integrity/compliance risks.
· Assists with the development and maintenance of integrity/compliance policies, forms, notices and associated materials to reflect organizational processes and well as compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
· Develops, implements and/or monitors mitigation plans resulting from integrity/compliance events/risks.
· Performs compliance awareness and training initiatives and promotes such awareness throughout the organization.
· Performs audits to determine if the organization is complying with its policies, procedures and applicable regulatory standards. Collaborates with impacted parties to develop and implement action plans to address audit findings.
· Assists in preparation of reports.
· Fully documents activities in the designated databases.
· Collaborates and coordinates with key stakeholders when performing assigned job duties. Includes partnering with assigned departments, locations, programs and/or service lines to address unique integrity/compliance risks and provide general integrity/compliance visibility and support.
· Assists the Organizational Integrity& Compliance leadership and senior compliance auditors with other duties as assigned.
· Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations, and monitors advancements in risk mitigation strategies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
Minimum Qualifications Required
Education: Associates degree or seven years relevant experience required.
Experience: Minimum of two years coding, documentation and revenue cycle compliance, auditing or applicable experience.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Coding certification required for applicable area of expertise at time of hire (e.g. CPC, COC, CIC).Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) requiredat time of hire or within 18months of the date of hire.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Excellent oral and written communications skills. Demonstrated knowledge of providing adult education, business practices, with ability to work with minimal supervision, and adapt quickly to change. Skilled in use of personal computers to aid productivity and enhance output.
Inspiring Better Health at Carilion Clinic
Every day at Carilion Clinic, our employees come together to inspire better health in our patients, their families and our communities. Explore how you can be a part of this diverse, innovative and interdisciplinary patient-centered team, and find out how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As an employee, you can take advantage of our competitive pay, various scheduling options, continuing education opportunities and excellent benefits.
Based in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic includes multi-specialty physician practices, seven not-for-profit hospitals and the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute in partnership with Virginia Tech.
Service Excellence and Quality are hallmarks of Carilion Clinic. As a team member, you will be expected to consistently deliver the best in care and customer service. As an employee, you will demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with our patients, families, visitors and with each other.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity