Java Software Engineer / Web, SaaS
Play a key role in changing US healthcare by joining HealthSparq, a new startup within Cambia Health. We're a small team of internet entrepreneurs developing solutions that allow consumers to make smarter healthcare decisions based on data, social media and mobile technologies. We are looking for Java Developers who are passionate about creating quality software and contributing to the success of a company committed to the highest quality, game-changing products. Join us today
If you can appreciate:
* An environment where everything you touch gets put into production.
* Working with the latest tools and technologies including Big Data.
* Small SCRUM teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank but everything to do with your engineering chops.
* Short feedback loops with product owners.
* 2-3 week iterations.
You can look forward to:
* Analyzing and conceptualizing the design of projects.
* Developing code in a collaborative environment with the latest open source tools..
* Coordinating and/ or participating in design activity with other team members.
* Acting as a resource to test, design, and write code for production quality software.
* Keeping technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
* Providing technical direction and guidance to less senior staff.
The qualified Java Developer we seek will have 1-7 years of relevant work experience, including:
* Internet technologies and protocols (e.g. HTML, XML, TCP / IP, HTTP).
* RDBMS such as Oracle.
* OOAD principles and methodologies.
* Advanced programming environments and concepts highly desired (e.g. J2EE, multi-threaded programming, high availability design etc.).
* Test Driven Development and Simple Design.
* Modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, TDD and XP.
* Creating or being part of creating high availability large volume systems.
* Unit testing practices desired.
* Strong knowledge of: Java and J2EE related technologies (JVM, JMS, and Servlets etc.).
* Knowledge and experience with:
o Solid understanding of design patterns (Gang of Four)
o Exposure to Frameworks like Struts, Hibernate and Spring; and Code control system and build tools (Maven / Git)
* BS Degree or equivalent in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field is preferred.
In addition to the above we are looking for the following for several positions:
* Knowledge and experience with integrating with third party tools strongly desired.
* Knowledge and experiences with hadoop, hive and similar map-reduce technologies for Big Data processing strongly desired.
This position is available at levels I- IV DOE.
HealthSparq employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. A drug screen and background check is required.
HealthSparq is a collaborative and integrated software platform that's changing the way consumers interact with healthcare information. HealthSparq empowers consumers to bring the same market demands to health care that they bring to the purchase of other goods and services. With the company's Blue heritage and sponsorship, it is uniquely positioned to interconnect everyone in the health care ecosystem: insurers, employers, providers and consumers.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers' engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.