Job Requisition Number: 110492
Category: Engineering - Engineer
Primary Location: Houston, TX, US
Security Clearance: NACI
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: None
Percent of Travel Required: None
CACI is looking for Space Vehicle Simulation Software Engineers and Math Model Developers to support development of Commercial Crew Program (CCP), Commercial Orbit Transfer System (COTS), Orion Spacecraft, International Space Station (ISS), and future vehicles simulations at the NASA / Johnson Space Center (JSC). The spacecraft simulations include high-fidelity math models used for crew training and engineering analysis in multiple NASA simulators and facilities, e.g., NASA Exploration Systems Simulations (NExSyS), Exploration Augmentation Module (EAM), Neutral Buoyancy Lab (NBL), and the Dynamics Skills Trainer (DST).
Duties and Responsibilities:
This work involves space vehicle systems simulation, math model development, and integration on Linux PC platforms using the Trickï-½ Simulation Environment Toolkit. Individual will develop large scale, high-fidelity simulation math models for NASA space vehicles. Space Vehicle Simulation Software Engineers and Math Model Developer duties and responsibilities include: Simulation math model requirements, architecture definition, and design. Simulation math model development. Debug, test, and verification work with simulation math models and simulation facilities. Space vehicle subsystem simulation model development and integration. Space vehicle functional and flight software integration. Simulation and crew training facility integration and testing. This work takes place in a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in the human space exploration initiative. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person wanting to work in a very team-oriented, friendly, but demanding environment. The ideal individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer relationship skills. Above all, the individual will have a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible, and be willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise. The ideal candidate has spacecraft domain experience in one or more of the following areas: Robotics, Environmental Controls and Life Support Subsystems (ECLSS), Electrical Power (EP), Thermal, Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C), Environment (Earth, space, and planetary), Orbital Dynamics, Multi-body Dynamics, Contact Modeling, High Level Architecture (HLA), 1553 bus protocol. Strong C and C++ development skills required. Background & Experience (including education, skills work activities)
- Degreed engineer with strong spacecraft simulation expertise combined with superior software development skills in C and C++ programming, Unix/Linux OS, scripting languages, and spacecraft domain expertise.
- Current software simulation experience with real-time, human-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- B.S. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree.
- At least 5 years current experience with software development in C and C++ in the Unix/Linux OS.
- Simulation Developmentï-½ Spacecraft and simulation math model development, real-time human-in-the-loop, hardware-in-the-loop.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
- Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Prefer candidate with experience in NASA environment and knowledge of human spaceflight vehicle systems including robotic arms.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience in Perl, shell scripts, and/or Python.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Experience in High Level Architecture (HLA) or distributed simulation. Experience in 1553 bus protocol. Spacecraft domain experience in: Robotics, Environmental Controls and Life Support Subsystems (ECLSS), Electrical Power (EP), Thermal, Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C), Environment (Earth, space, and planetary), Orbital Dynamics, Multi-body Dynamics, Contact Modeling Experience in one or more aerospace disciplines is a plus, e.g.,, real-time/embedded software, dynamics and control, robotics, space vehicle systems including electrical power systems, environmental control and life support systems, and/or avionics systems.
The position requires the successful completion and maintaining a NASA background investigation.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.