Job Requisition Number: 106631
Primary Location: Clarksburg, WV, US
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
CACI seeks experienced Computer Scientist with a background in biometrics, information technology and cloud architect that possess an active DoD Top Secret clearance with experience working in a Department of Defense environment. This is a senior level position. for a Cloud Engineer/Cloud Architect. These resources will be responsible for building and supporting the application infrastructure in support of DoD. This will require you to maintain high site uptime while embracing rapid change and growth using a strong dev-ops mindset of continuous delivery and site automation. This is a demanding role that requires deep technical knowledge and adaptability with hands on execution. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be a strategic thinker.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Computer Scientist is responsible for developing, modifying, and applying computer modeling and programming applications to analyze and solve mathematical and scientific problems affecting system and program performance in support of DoD. Develop expert and innovative use of scientific research concepts, principles, and practices and contribute to advanced methods and techniques on technical area tasks. Apply expertise, knowledge, and competence with specific technical focus areas related to high performance computing and Cloud computing, machine learning, identity science and biometrics. Responsible for system modernization efforts and redesign by evaluation of current systems and proposal for a modernization approach that leverages host Cloud services or implements an on premise Cloud infrastructure. Provide analysis of Cloud technologies and capabilities while providing an implementation strategy for the proposed Cloud strategy and a roadmap for migrating existing services and applications to the Cloud. Maintain responsibility for leading efforts to gather and develop architecture and design documents and present a solution to meet requirements. Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new processes and policies. Manage and prioritize technology roadmaps, ensure solutions, and promote simplification, accuracy, and an increasingly higher level of productivity for users. Deliver technical solutions and business process changes to realize business value and objectives and exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field and 15 years of experience in IT
- At least 8 years of experience of application design and architecture
- At least 8 years of experience with one or more Public Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- 7+ years architecting cloud solutions, including underlying infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, and network),
- Extensive experience in technology and design experience involving Software Development, Networking Protocols, Ethernet transport and Virtual/Cloud Network Architectures.
- Automation/Scripting (shell, python, perl, chef, puppet,bash,ansible, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure and software applications
- Web technologies (Expert knowledge of at least one web application platform: WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, NginX, Varnish, Endeca)
- Experience with Oracle Rac and cloud deployment
- Experience with JAVA, SOA, Spring , C/C++ and other development languages and interfaces
- Independence to acquire and maintain technical skills for professional development.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Hands on experience with a broad array of Infrastructure technologies
Previous work experience in a DoD environment
Technical experience with Automated Biometrics Identification System (ABIS)
Experience in Linux and Oracle
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.