Job Requisition Number: 106638
Category: Information Systems
Primary Location: Clarksburg, WV, US
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Lead System Engineer with a background in biometrics, engineering, integration of hardware and software and testing requirements that possess an active DoD Top Secret clearance with experience working in a Department of Defense environment and ABIS applications. Performs a variety of moderately complex software and/or hardware engineering activities of an analysis, design, or test nature; Participates on project teams and provides guidance to less experienced engineers and technical staff. Plans, conducts, and may supervise research, development, or installation of products and systems in conformance with engineering design and customer specification. Interact with the government regarding systems engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, or conflicts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain responsibility for the design, operation, and sustainment of systems and prototypes in a military environment. Develop, process, and manage systems engineering artifacts, including system engineering plans (SEPs) or engineering change proposals (ECPs). Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.. Support requirements analysis and management, including providing assistance with defining new requirements and use cases and allocation of requirements to subsystems and configuration items. Prepares and interprets blueprints, schematic drawings, layouts and other visual aids in conformance with engineering design and customer specification; Directs overall system level testing. Provide reliability analysis for software or hardware systems and interfaces, including failure analysis and software metrics. Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems. Analyze new tasking, engineering change requests, and design implementation to determine feasibility, capacity, cost, and production time. Model, analyze, and conduct technical risk assessments of proposed and alternate solutions. Interface design for software or hardware systems in a leading role. Attend meetings, record action items, and develop minutes and trip reports. Maintain responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the systems engineering area and communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Bachelor's degree in system engineering, computer science or related field with 10 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience with deploying DoD applications
- 7 years of experience as a systems engineer performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware and software systems
- 5 years of experience with leading and providing technical supervision, guiding mid-level engineering personnel, solving varied technical and scientific problems; and generating and reviewing designs for technical accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness in light of objectives, budget, and schedule
- 3 years of experience in a business analyst role, eliciting requirements, managing stakeholders, and developing acceptance testing plans
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams of 8 or more employees, including engineering, tech editors, developers, and testers
- Knowledge of systems engineering and software development
- Experience in analytical environments and intelligence production organizations
- Experience with developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large-scale programs
- Experience in developing, delivering, testing, and supporting integrated hardware and software systems with functional requirements
- Experience with database technologies, including Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL
- Experience with system architectures in a service-oriented and Enterprise Service Bus environment and using agile or spiral development modelsAbility to speak with in a group, present findings, participate in team meetings, requirements and design meetings
- Independence to acquire and maintain technical skills for professional development.
- Creative problem solving ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Previous work experience in a DoD environment
Technical experience with Automated Biometrics Identification System (ABIS)
Experience with Programming or Development processes a plus
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.