Job Requisition Number: 106001
Category: Logistics - Transportation
Primary Location: Classified, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
This is full performance Automotive Mechanic work. Depending upon assignment, positions perform corrective repairs and preventative maintenance on either fleet and training vehicles or heavy equipment.
Automotive Mechanic - Full Performance positions are responsible for diagnosing, assessing, analyzing and troubleshooting vehicle malfunctions and repair problems; determining the cause of vehicle operating problems by tracing and locating defects and repairing malfunctions. Work also involves performing preventative maintenance; conducting inspections, adjusting and/or replacing belts, linkages, cleaning and/or replacing filters, screens, cables, clamps and engine components; and performing oil changes. All work is conducted through the proper selection and use of tools, equipment, devices, manuals, references and efficient procedures and techniques and may involve fabricating repair parts by the use of all types of welding equipment. Duties vary depending upon specific area of assignment. Work may involve emergency repair requests.
Positions responsible for heavy equipment repair mechanical and related repairs and maintenance on a variety of engines, and/or equipment. Work includes starters, universal joints, lighting systems, sirens, wheel bearings, radiators, heating and air-conditioning systems, springs, catalytic converters and fuel pumps.
Maintaining and repairing government vehicles, completing Transportation Support Center (TSC) maintenance tickets and repair orders in a timely manner, dispose of waste materials per regulations and applicable laws, stay abreast of latest technology and installation procedures, and obtaining Virginia State Certification. All personnel shall also have a valid CDL driver's license with an acceptable driving record. Personnel will be required to use our Automated Communication Dispatch System.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Based on assignment, performs corrective maintenance and repairs to fleet, training, emergency or heavy equipment vehicles.
- Inspects, diagnoses and isolates vehicle and equipment malfunctions; troubleshoots, traces and locates defects and/or causes of mechanical problems to determine type and extent of necessary repairs.
- Repairs all assigned vehicles and equipment to ensure they are safe and dependable.
- Repairs lighting systems, sirens, wheel bearings, radiators, heating and air-conditioning systems, springs, hydraulic systems, catalytic converters and fuel pumps.
- Utilizes on-board computer diagnostic systems and other test equipment in order to test automotive computer control and emission systems; assesses and analyzes malfunctions of machinery using microcomputers, calipers, gauges, and other equipment.
- Diagnoses and traces hard-to-locate defects or problems.
- Interacts with customers to keep them informed of status of vehicles, repairs needed, etc.
2. Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to fleet, emergency, training or heavy equipment vehicles.
- Inspects and tests equipment for mechanical defects, and replaces worn parts.
- Removes, replaces, adjusts, or cleans defective parts or components
- Flushes radiators and replaces anti-freeze solutions.
- Perform oil changes, check fluids, diagnose tread wear, replace batteries and trouble-shoot problems.
Performs engine tune-ups.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques and procedures in accordance with manufacturer's specification in armoring vehicles as directed.
- Repairs automotive locks.
- Based on assignment independently installs new vehicle equipment, such as radios, sirens, wire cages, lights, etc.
- Perform State vehicle safety and emission inspections on vehicles.
3. Based on assignment, performs administrative and other functions.
- Identifies necessary parts, equipment and supplies needed to complete repair or preventative check.
- Estimates cost and labor time for corrective repairs.
- Responds to emergency road calls for disabled vehicles and makes minor adjustments or has the vehicle towed for repairs.
- Drives wrecker and tows disabled vehicles.
- Road tests vehicles during and occasionally upon completion of maintenance/repair work.
- Responds to emails and telephone calls.
- Ensures the necessary provision of vehicles, and support for customers.
- Provides overseas support, as needed.
4. Performs other related duties as required or as directed by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of the operating systems used in motor vehicles and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and tools used in the maintenance and diagnostics of vehicles and equipment.
- Considerable knowledge of computer, electrical, transistorized and other non-mechanical systems and how they tie-in with and affect the operation of mechanical systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the standard tools, equipment, test procedures and practices used in the repair and preventative maintenance of fleet and training vehicles.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical and related malfunctions.
- Ability to read technical manuals, references and specifications.
- Ability to write routine correspondences, maintenance logs and order forms.
- Ability to operate a forklift, power tools, wrenches, diagnostic equipment, and jacks.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule multiple tasks.
- Must possess a Commercial Drivers License with P endorsement. Yearly DOT Card update.
Mandatory Skills: Experience on Shuttle buses and vehicles in that class
The work is usually performed inside on concrete surfaces where there is exposure to drafts, noise, and fumes from vehicles. Automotive/ Heavy Duty Mechanics occasionally perform work outside under adverse weather conditions. They are continually exposed to dirt, dust, and grease, and to the potential for burns, chemical irritations, shocks, bruises, cuts, and strains. To reduce dangers and irritations from these conditions, they follow prescribed safety practices and use safety equipment such as safety shoes and glasses, and respirators.
Tools used in this occupation: Automotive hand and power tools, Anti-lock braking system ABS/air bag scan tools; Auto scanners; Graphing scanners; Modular diagnostic information systems, Welding equipment, lifts,
Technology Used: AutoZone ALLDATA; Nexiq Tech HDS Suite for Palm; Personal digital assistants PDA diagnostic software; SPX/OTC Genisys ConnecTech PC
Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and five to six years of related experience.
- Virginia Safety State Inspection Certificate.
- Air Conditioning Certification
- Operator Certificate for Powered Industrial Trucks
- Commercial Drivers License
- Forklift Certification Required
Requires an active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A Fortune magazine World's Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap 600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 16,000 employees in 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.