Job Requisition Number: 105468
Category: Facilities - Driver
Primary Location: Mclean, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Local
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Motor Vehicle Operator - Full Performance positions are responsible for transporting passengers by car, van, bus, or shuttle to various government and commercial buildings and agencies throughout the Washington, DC, metropolitan area (WMA). Work schedules and assignments are rotational and require cross-training in the operation of all vehicle types. Incumbents are also responsible for operating private Agency bus charters beyond the metropolitan as needed; and performing administrative functions that include answering telephones, preparing accident and/or incident reports, and completing accurate arrival and departure time logs.
Positions are responsible for the routine transportation of passengers by car or van to various government and commercial buildings and agencies throughout the Washington, DC, metropolitan area (WMA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Motor Vehicle Operator functions.
- Operates cars, vans, and/or buses to transport personnel.
- Plans most efficient route to destination considering traffic and weather conditions and time of day; reads maps accurately.
- Ensures passenger safety by observing all traffic laws, anticipating hazardous conditions, and practicing defensive driving techniques.
- Maintains radio and telephone communication with the dispatcher and immediately reports all incidents that affect operations.
- Completes pick-ups and drop-offs on schedule.
- Exercises judgment to resolve changes to routes or road obstructions to ensure safety of passengers.
2. Performs basic vehicle maintenance.
- Checks fuel, water, oil levels, checks tire pressure; and changes belts as necessary.
- Changes flat tires as necessary.
- Washes and cleans the exterior and interior of vehicle on a regular basis.
3. Performs routine inspections.
- Ensures all Department of Transportation regulations and safety-checks are met prior to operating vehicle.
- Conducts pre- and post-trip inspections of vehicles. Reports any discrepancies or concerns to management.
Typically require HS diploma and 2-3 years of experience.
The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Considerable knowledge of metropolitan area including the location of various government office buildings.
- Considerable knowledge of traffic, parking and safety laws.
- Ability to become familiar with Agency unique policies, security, and regulations that pertain to the secure transportation of customers to Agency sites.
- Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance.
- Ability to operate a diverse range of motor vehicles of varying tonnage and axles, including cars, buses, and vans.
- Ability to operate a combination two-way radio/telephone/pager system.
- Ability to read and accurately interpret a road map.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Must operate a combination two-way radio/ telephone/pager system.
Considerable knowledge of metropolitan area including the location of various government office buildings.
Considerable knowledge of traffic, parking and safety laws.
Ability to become familiar with Agency unique policies, security, and regulations that pertain to the secure transportation of customers to Agency sites.
Basic knowledge of automotive maintenance.
Ability to operate a diverse range of motor vehicles of varying tonnage and axles, including cars, buses, and vans.
Ability to operate a combination two-way radio/telephone/pager system.
Ability to read and accurately interpret a road map.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of customer service.
Must operate a combination two-way radio/ telephone/pager system.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.