Job Requisition Number: 101137
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Sterling, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
Percent of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Clearance required: active TS/SCI (must be able to pass and obtain polygraph)
Work Location: Sterling, VA area
Project Summary: Our Linux Systems Administrator/Engineer would support a variety of projects ranging from private cloud to custom digital signal processing (DSP) equipment. The private cloud focuses on dynamic deployment applications for a developer-based user community, automation of network services (Cisco and HP products), and SR-IOV/PCI-pass-through designs for deterministic processing requirements within a virtual environment. Support to the DSP projects involves interfacing the analog world to the digital Linux system through Software Defined Radios (SDR). The projects are responsible for extending the use of SDRs within the customer environment, ensuring that changes necessary to fulfill new requirements can be made in software and not require additional hardware (and associated procurement lead times).
Enhanced Benefit Program: for details visit: http://www.bit-sys.com/benefits.jsp
Position Summary: Senior Linux Systems Administrator: Individual would be responsible for the integration and maintenance of new digital signal processing development across multiple time-disparate locations around the world. Strong background in Fedora/RedHat vice Debian based Linux preferred. Familiarity with system automation required. Spacewalk/Cobbler experience ideal, but not required. Puppet experience ideal, but not required. Knowledge of basic networking and Cisco switching commands required. The position will report direct to the group lead, working closely with a peer set of 3 other senior system administrators to deliver superior integration and development support to the customer.
- Cutting edge system administration techniques through use of Puppet's Hiera and configuration management through git
- Deployments of RHEL 7 into customer environments ensuring latest OS availability for development
- Worldwide hardware deployments in place with support focused on developer-based user community and improving their day-to-day (e.g. impacts of successful system administration are felt immediately)
General & Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Travel can be minimal to none or monthly - it's up to the employee.
- Basics include maintaining user accounts, assigns file and SELinux context permissions; installs, yum repo updates, upgrades, and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Recommends and directs software changes and updates to keep department systems up-to-date. Monitors any software changes.
- Provides user support and conducts user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the client's technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs and/or oversees daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Develops methodology to expand flexibility of programs or systems to meet changing needs of user departments and to accommodate future expansion without necessitating a major redesign of the systems at a later date.
- Confers with user departments regularly to identify computerization needs and determines how the desired results can be achieved. Analyzes existing systems and programs and develops or recommends new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators.
Required EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 10 to 12 years of related experience.
- Familiarity with system automation.
- Knowledge of basic networking and Cisco switching commands.
- Active TS/SCI (must be able to pass and obtain polygraph required by the customer)
- Nagios automation
Physical Demands: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
Company Descriptions: BIT Systems Inc., a CACI company. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled BITS to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions, empowering decision-makers to make better mission-critical decisions. Our operational team excels at signal collection, processing and analysis. We have operational personnel stationed around the world in support of our customers' missions.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
About CACI International Inc
CACI International Inc (CACI) along with its wholly owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, is an international information systems, high technology services, and professional services corporation. It delivers professional services and information technology solutions to its clients, primarily the United States government. Other customers include state and local governments, commercial enterprises and agencies of foreign governments. The Company operates two units: domestic operations and international operations. CACI delivers professional services and information technology (IT) solutions to its clients. Its services are primarily targeted to the areas of defense, intelligence, homeland security and IT modernization. In February 2010, the Company announced that it has completed its transaction to acquire SystemWare, Inc.